Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2003:
[gopher] Re: Veronica-2 and robot exclusion

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Veronica-2 and robot exclusion
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:14:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Windows doesn't like dot-files and it is not possible to create a
> dot-file by renaming using the GUI, but if the file is renamed using
> the command line (or uploaded via FTP; there are probably several ways)
> Windows lets you access the file like any other one.
> [I have tested 98SE and XP Pro.]

And actually, now that I think about it, it would probably be
counterproductive anyway because I can well imagine some servers configured
not to even allow access to dot-files, let alone display them in a gopher
menu. So I think we'll go with boring-old "robots.txt".

Other comments?

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- MOVIE IDEA: Blazing E-mail Signatures --------------------------------------