Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2003:
[gopher] installing pygopherd

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] installing pygopherd
From: Stephanie Smith <stephanie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:19:06 -0500 (EST)

'nother embarrassing newbie question, I'm afraid.

I've finally gotten python upgraded to 2.2, and downloaded
pygopherd_1.1.0.tar.gz from gopher.quux.org

http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/gopher/pygopherd/SVN/manual.html
provides the following installation instructions:

        tar -zxvf pygopherd-x.y.z.tar.gz
        cd pygopherd-x.y.z
        python2.2 setup.py

however, when I run setup, I get the following error:

        [root@cadence pygopherd-1.1.0]# python2.2 setup.py
        usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
           or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
           or: setup.py --help-commands
           or: setup.py cmd --help

        error: no commands supplied

setup.py --help didn't provide me with anything that looked promising in
the way of commands to add. Am I missing something really obvious here, or
is something buggy with my system?

Any help, tips regarding what direction I should look, would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Steph