Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2003:
[gopher] Gopher novice question

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Gopher novice question
From: "Taro Yamamoto" <tyamamot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:36:28 +0900

Dear guru,
    I am a novice user of gopher. I recently started using a gopher client
included in the gopher-3.0.5 distribution on my Linux machinie. Sometimes,
when "accessing" a file on a different site, it hangs up. No real file
transfer/reading occurs, and no communication errors are reported. This
occurs on some objects. Not all objects have this symptom, but trying to
accessing some objects fail with this symptom.
    Typing Control-C makes it stop trying accessing the file, but it makes
the program just hang up again.
    It seems the hand-shaking doesn't continue well for such remote servers,
while connection has been successful.
    How can I avoid this, and how can I return from the hanging up state?

Thanks.

--Taro
Tokyo
(tyamamot@xxxxxxxxxxxx)