[gopher] Re: Process question

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Process question
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

> I have a process question about gopher, and gophermap specifically.  I'm
> tempted to automagically generate a new gophermap whenever I add new
> files/dirs to my gopher root dir.  From what I can tell, gophermap is an
> all-or-nothing deal:  If you use it, then everything you want accessible
> has to be part of gophermap.  If you don't,
> then everything in the gopher root is accessible.

Since bucktooth is the originator of the gophermap 'standard' and since I'm
the originator of bucktooth :-), I feel authoritative enough to say that
your understanding squares with the present implementation.

Now, to be sure, the UMN-style gopher menus should work in the same fashion,
however, if memory serves.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Emulate your heroes, but not if they're dead. ------------------------------