Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2002:
[gopher] Re: [Fwd: Re: Gopher+ Suggestion]

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: [Fwd: Re: Gopher+ Suggestion]
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > It says that for the directories generated, that it will put in a port for
> > the local server different than the port that it is actually listening on.
> > So, for instance, pygopherd could listen on port 7000 but generate
> > directories with port 70, on the assumption that some firewall somewhere
> > would do proper redirection to get the requests back to it at port 7000.
>
> I didn't know that wasn't already possible.  Cool.

You can do this in bucktooth also although this requires doing a no-no (i.e.,
altering the generated code in place rather than running configure).

I'll probably make this a configurable option and support it in the future.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Hidden DOS secret: add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS. ------------------------