Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gopher+ Suggestion

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher+ Suggestion
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > A problem fairly specific to Gopher is that many gopher clients
> > (especially ones in web browsers) don't support connections to ports other
> > than 70, because Gopher is _so_ flexible that it's possible to write
>
> I haven't ever seen this.  Perhaps in Konqueror?  But then it doesn't
> support Gopher well anyway.  Maybe IE?  I seem to recall Cameron mentioning
> IE problems.

Yes, IE (at least in versions I've tried) does not allow connections on ports
other than 70. Netscape, Lynx, etc., don't seem to have this problem.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. -- Isaac Asimov ----------