Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2002:
[gopher] Re: Width of text files

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Width of text files
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

> Some people mentioned that 80 will work, but I found that since the client
> might put in spaces and other stuff that it should be a smaller number.
> I setup Bucktooth to wrap to 65, mostly because this is the optimal line
> length in typesetting (easiest to read).

The line length I have used in most of Floodgap is 67 characters, being the
longest line that will be displayed in UMN gopher without it getting
shortened. Other browsers I've used don't seem to care.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away. ------------------