Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2002:
[gopher] Re: The road ahead

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: The road ahead
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:16:05 -0800 (PST)

> One recurring issue on the lists is about how you mix gopher links
> with copy.  It's my impression that the standard doesn't allow the
> info type to begin with, let alone the mixing of the two.  I would
> like to suggest that we handle this in a more formal and fluid
> manner. What I'd like to see done is to remove the content-length
> restriction of each block of data, and to allow newlines so that we
> can create paragraphs of text without requiring multiple
> url/mimetype/language/bytesize declarations...

Do you mean in the protocol or in the gopher menu definitions?

If you mean in the menu files, bucktooth already has a streamlined format
for this that more or less groks what is and isn't text copy.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegcaps awound? ---------------------------------