Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2002:
[gopher] MacOS X and Solaris fixes

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] MacOS X and Solaris fixes
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:32:45 -0500

Hello,

After having one run-in after another with the regex code in the gopher
tree, I finally replaced it -- rewritten from scratch.

The new code is checked into CVS.  It fixes the gopherd problems on
MacOS X, and I'm hopeful that it will fix compilation problems on
Solaris.

The code has been updated to work with current POSIX regex standards.
Additionally, it will use those functions by default if they are
available, falling back on other methods only if they are missing.

-- John