Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2002:
[gopher] Re: Novel uses for a gopher (maybe)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Novel uses for a gopher (maybe)
From: Thomas Thurman <tjat2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:53:29 +0000 (GMT)

On 10 Mar 2002, Luis Oliveira wrote:
> When I type 'gopher gopher://gopher.publication.org.uk/1/rdf' I get:
>
> -->  [1]  '/1/rdf' doesn't exist!

*investigates*

Hmm, the UMN gopher client seems not to include the gophertype in the URL
(which should probably be raised as a bug with the development team,
since it's at odds with the requirements of RFC 1738 section
3.4.1). Anyway, the URLs in the form needed by UMN gopher are:

gopher://gopher.publication.org.uk/rdf

gopher://gopher.publication.org.uk/paranoia