Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Vedam - the audio gopher

To: Gopher-L <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Vedam - the audio gopher
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 14:58:29 -0500

My latest innovation, vedam "speaks" the gopher info to you.  It uses
the festival speech synthesis text-to-speech program to alow you to just
listen to the information.  It is good for those visually impaired, or
lazy.

All of the information and downloads is on my gopher at
gopher://sugaku.homeunix.org
or
http://sugaku.homeunix.org
Because of the way browsers present gopher, for most purposes, I almost
suggest just using the http version of my gopher.

I have redesigned my gopher, putting the old stuff into the bucktooth
examples directory.  While it still does not have much actual content,
it now has the possibility for content.

See if you can figure out where the name 'Vedam' comes from.  You should
also be able to see the significance of the quote on my main page.

    Ralph Furmaniak