Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Can't build Gopher on Mac OS X

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Can't build Gopher on Mac OS X
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:28:55 -0800 (PST)

> Basically, when I type make, a whole whack (yes that's a technical term)
> of "warning: implicit declaration of function"'s come up for function
> calls like malloc() and free().  And, when I check the output of
> ./configure, indeed it can't find a couple of .h files that are
> definitely present (like malloc.h)

Include a dump of the output from make, something like in Mac OS X's
default tcsh,

make |& tee MAKE.whine

and then (WHEN REQUESTED! :-P) mail that MAKE.whine file off. OS X is a
funky BSD, though, so the tweaks made to satisfy NetBSD should help MacOS
unless there's something odd about the way your C compiler is configured.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- The best things in life are sold out. --------------------------------------