Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Antwort: Re: finally i find other gopherfans... (gn maintai

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Antwort: Re: finally i find other gopherfans... (gn maintainer)
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:20:12 -0500

Timm Murray <hardburn@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm a developer for the Everything Over Freenet (EOF) project.  We basically
> take other protocols (like SMTP, POP3, whatever) and make them work over
> freenet (see freenetproject.org if you're unfamiler with Freenet).
> Currently, I'm working on some of the core functionality of EOF, but after
> that, a Gopher EOF servlet is quite doable.

That sounds like one of the neatest projects I've heard of in quite
awhile!  I tried freenet awhile back and it was so slow and klunky I
didn't really use it for very long.  I hope it is doing better these
days and that the EOF project works well.  I think that Gopher would
be an excellent way to browse keyindexes, just from a client perspective.

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org