Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2001:
[gopher] Mac archives @ Floodgap and GopherVR

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Mac archives @ Floodgap and GopherVR
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:20:05 -0800 (PST)

I was startled to notice that the .sea.hqx of TurboGopher 2.0.3 for the Mac
is corrupt on Floodgap. In fact, it seems to be corrupt at gopher.tc.umn.edu
and the mirror on quux. So, I made a new one off my copy, and you can get it
off

        gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/gopher/clients/mac/

It's a stripped down distribution, which I note in the README on that page.
In particular, the Thread Extension isn't included, which isn't needed on
modern Macs (and is readily available many places if you do).

I've also slapped up TurboGopherVR, and a couple of screenshots I took from
it for those who are unenlightened^Udon't have a Macintosh ;-), at the same
location.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Hark, the Herald Tribune sings/Advertising wondrous things. -- Tom Lehrer --