Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2001:
[gopher] Re: Two 'new' servers and one question

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Two 'new' servers and one question
From: Emanuel Borsboom <em@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:58:41 -0800

> heatdeath.org says it's 'another dead gopher server'. What happened?

I decided to move my content back into a web site because it's just
easier to use (was getting too many questions about the gopher stuff).

I don't really want to maintain two different copies of my content, so
the gopher side got axed :-( Sorry.

WebGopher is still up, by the way, at http://www.nuel.ca/WebGopher

I noticed that one of the new servers, paveltitov.virtualave.net
appears to output slightly incorrect directories which are causing
WebGopher to choke on the last directory entry.  It haven't verified
the cause yet, but it may be because the server is using only LF to
signal the end of a directory entry, rather than CRLF (which the RFC
mandates).

--
Emanuel Borsboom
http://www.nuel.ca/