Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: Security problems in gopherd (Was Security alert)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Security problems in gopherd (Was Security alert)
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Jan 2001 01:15:49 -0500

One option would be to create a directory in /tmp, mode 0700, and put
all files in it.  This would allow the more-portable tempnam() to
continue to be used.  In the course of auditing sprintf()s, I did come
across one or two open() calls for /tmp files and added O_EXCL to the
list as a temporary measure...

-- John

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       www.complete.org