Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: Gopher "robots.txt" (was Re: New V-2 WAIS database)

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher "robots.txt" (was Re: New V-2 WAIS database)
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:28:12 -0800 (PST)

>>Good point. I am actually trying to think of a way like the HTTP robots.txt
>>that can more or less transparently tell V-2 what to stay out of. Suggestions?

> I don't know well gopher yet, but you'd better find one before starting
> to index my site, or your database will be filled with crap.

I'm sure Dave and John will have some ideas, but for now just mail me offlist
with some regexes that are off-limits and I'll hardcode them for the present.
I appreciate it :-)

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- People who buy computers from TV commercials *deserve* the Pentium. --------