Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: Veronica

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Veronica
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:23:46 -0800 (PST)

> Where can I find the veronica/wais/whatever software and info on
> setting one up?  Is it possible to set one up to index only part of
> gopherspace (one's own server?)

I don't know where you'd find it. I wrote my own from scratch, so it's
heavily customized to my local machine.

Just for yuks, the current size of the database, combining the WAIS index, the
mySQL tables used for tracking history, and the flat file the robot builds on,
is around 2GB. Really not all that large when you think about it.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Advertising is the banging of a stick in a swillbucket. -- George Orwell ---