Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: Forking UMN gopher?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Forking UMN gopher?
From: David Allen <s2mdalle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:11:29 -0500

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 12:05:32AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the moment, our gopher has been distributed as patches against UMN
> gopher.  However, these patches are quite large; so I'm wondering if
> people think that it would be wise to declare it a fork and proceed as
> if we're upstream.  Thoughts?

I'm not clear on who else is working on it.  Who is the 'official'
maintainer of it?  I know that you're the debian package maintainer,
but if you're also the maintainer, we're not forking.  :)

Where is the other work available?  Is it reconcilable?  What code has
been written for UMN gopherd that isn't in our tree, and why isn't it
there?

Sorry for the barrage of questions...I just didn't know that forking
was going to be an issue.
--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/