Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2001:
[gopher] Re: Gopher Protocol Issue

To: emanuel at heatdeath organisation <emanuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher Protocol Issue
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Jan 2001 02:35:35 -0500

emanuel at heatdeath organisation <emanuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[snip]

> implementation.  Webgopher is under a MIT/X-Consortium style license
> (BSD license without the advertising clause).  I chose that license
> because my reason for writing webgopher is to get Gopher out there, so I
> would encourage companies to use the code in their non-Free products if
> it furthers that goal.  Of course Free software is preferred.  The
> source code is in CVS at sourceforge.net.

Despite the excellent opportunity, I don't intend to convert this into
a licensing debate as long as it is free :-)

Can you be a bit more precise about the location within sourceforge?
:-)

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com