Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: Errors in 2.0.7 on OS X

To: "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Errors in 2.0.7 on OS X
From: Nevin Hotson <nevin.hotson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:24:25 -0500

Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>I'm seeing two problems. First, I keep getting these assertions over and
>over during play:
>
>(civclient:27421): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
>`G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
>Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc'
>(civclient:27421): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried
>to register 'BasicEngineFc'.
>
>Far more damaging though is that the client crashes when I try and open
>help, with this set of errors:
>(civclient:27421): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
>`G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
>Failed to load Pango module for id:
>'BasicScriptEngineFc'cairo-ft-font.c:677: failed assertion `error == 0'
>Abort
>
>Any ideas?

I get the same problem with help using 2.0.7 on Mac OS X; it works fine
with the SVN version, though.

--
.. And the Lord spake, saying, "First, removeth the pin from thy Holy
Hand Grenade of Antioch. Second, count unto three, three being the number

Nevin Hotson

They are coming for you...

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: nevin.hotson.vcf