Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2005:
[Freeciv] ALSA Plugin

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] ALSA Plugin
From: Ian Petts <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:48:24 +1100

I'm trying to get sound support working with KDE/ALSA under Debian Sarge
and not having any luck. I have no problems with sound in KDE and other
applications.

I've done a search on the mailing list and have seen references to an
ALSA plugin, however I can't seem to find how to install it. I tried
"./configure --enable-alsa", and although the configure worked, I still
can not seem to get any sound.

On the same machine, booting into Fedora Core 3, sound works fine (using
the sdl plugin), so I believe I have the sound files and command line
options for the client set up correctly.

Can someone please give me some pointers on getting sound, perhaps the
ALSA plugin, working on Debian Sarge?

Thanks,
Ian.

--