Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Gestures

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Gestures
From: sashee <tomiy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:15:17 +0100

Good idea!
Perhaps the available building/units should be separated from each
other. Lets say, there are defensive(military) buildings and normal
buildings. You can set the city to build military buildings(such as
barracks and walls) and it will start building a barracks and, when its
finished, builds walls. If you feel that the city doesn't need strong
military, you can set to normal buildings and it will build granary,
bank and so on. The units can also be separated, like agressive units,
defensive units, naval transport, naval units, and other units(like
caravan, diplomat/spy, settler, worker, etc.) With these separates you
can easily manage all of your cities from the map, just right click and
select what kind of units/structures you want to build.
Another idea is to set a default cma, which controls your new cities. It
could be something like this: Food factor:3 ; industry factor:2 ; and
gold surplus:-20(because it's annoying that the city build something
costs maintenance and the cma lost control)

sashee