Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv 1.14.2-beta2 is out

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv 1.14.2-beta2 is out
From: Yves Rutschle <yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:30:47 +0100

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 03:06:02PM +0000, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> The only changes since the previous version is that the ChangeLog is
> updated, and a few AI bugs have been fixed.

There is a focus bug that I meant to report yonks ago,
that's still there: When a revolution ends, you'll
typically get 2 pop-ups at once:

- The general message dialog
- The dialog to choose the next political regime

Problem is, the first dialog appears on top of the second
one, but you must close the second to get focus on the first
one. It's just inconvenient and confusing with a normal
window manager, but is a killer in ION which isn't very good
at managing a main window that produces more than one pop-up.

> Please test it. In particular let me know if the AI is doing worse than
> before.

Just turned to Republic, it'll take some more time to assess
that :-)

Y.