Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Unit within the radius of their home city don't

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Unit within the radius of their home city don't
From: saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Eddie Anderson)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:46:43 -0400

Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Christian Knoke wrote:

>>>I do not think this "feature" exists any longer, and was probably removed
>>>a long time ago. I've never seen this before.
>>
>> But the idea is not too bad ...
>
>Seems like it should be based on the nation's borders.

    Yes!  That would be even better.  Although that could get
complicated when a border runs through part of a city.

    E.g. consider two overlapping cities (i.e. their centers are 4
squares apart or less).  If those two cities belong to different
Civs, then the border between the Civs must pass through part of at
least one of those two cities.

    In that case a unit could be standing on a square that is within
the radius of its home city yet still be outside the border of its
Civ.  Maybe the Civ border should take precedence over the city
radius in such a case?

    Nevertheless, IMO almost anything that frees units from being
stuck in the city centers would improve Freeciv.

Eddie