Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: console freeciv?

To: Erik with-a-k <e2thex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: console freeciv?
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:27:01 -0600

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:16:26AM -0700, Erik with-a-k wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have on old labtop that I am going to start using.  Beacuse of it's
> age I am hoping to forgo X and am trying to amass all of the programs
> that I will need.  I am not sure if I could make it without a good game
> of civ from time to time.  Is there any ncurse or other form of
> civclient that can be run from the console?

sorry, but not really. There is a 'puppeteer' project in the works that
allows one to play via command line, but this probably not what you're
looking for... An ncurses port would be very interesting though and if
someone were willing to maintain it, we would be interested in adding it to
the main distribution.

-mike