Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2003:
[Freeciv] Client can't find sound, but there

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Client can't find sound, but there
From: Matthew Leingang <leingang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:12:33 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm trying to upgrade from Freeciv 1.13.0 RPM to 1.14.1 compiled from
source, but I've lost my sound.

I have stdsounds.spec and the stdsounds directory in /usr/share/freeciv,
and with /usr/bin/civclient I get the sounds.  When I installed 1.14.1
in /usr/local/..., I copied that spec file and directory to
/usr/local/share/freeciv.

But:

[leingang@spade leingang]$ ls /usr/local/share/freeciv/stdsounds.spec
/usr/local/share/freeciv/stdsounds.spec
[leingang@spade leingang]$ /usr/local/bin/civclient
1: Cannot find sound spec-file "stdsounds".
1: To get sound you need to download a sound set!
1: Get sound sets from
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/sounds/sets>.
1: Will continue with disabled sounds.

Thanks for any help.

--Matt
--
Matthew Leingang
Harvard University Department of Mathematics