Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] rndCiv

To: banjo <banjo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] rndCiv
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:57:42 -0800

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:50:19AM +1300, banjo wrote:
> rndCiv has revved, version 0.4 is up at
>   http://banjo.actrix.com/code/rndCiv
>
> download directly
>   http://banjo.actrix.com/code/rndCiv/rndCiv-0.4.tgz
>
> This version has a fully developed future tech tree,
> mostly taken from Alpha Centauri, and the beginnings
> of a complex fantasy techtree.
>
> Also included are many new units, buildings and governments.
>
> rndCiv is currently unplayable because of the gen-impr
> hardcoded buildings problem - can someone please tell
> me what is happening about this.

You can take the code from FreecivAC which handles this
(http://freecivac.sf.net/). In theory this code is going into Freeciv
proper at some point, but I wouldn't hold your breath - very little
progress appears to have been made on this over the past three years.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxx                      http://salilab.org/~ben/
"Ice formed on the butler's upper slopes."