Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Newbie questions

To: David Noren <norendavid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Newbie questions
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:44:50 -0400

David Noren wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I have a few questions.
>     (I'm running Windows ME, if you need to know)
>

>     1. What is a CVS snapshot?

A 'snapshot' of the current codebase.  These are distributed at
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/latest/ as source tarballs.

 From time to time binary builds for windows are built, but I don't know
where.

>     2. How can I try the 1.14.1 beta?

You can download the source tarball directly; see http://freeciv.org/
for details.

In Win32, you probably don't want to compile Freeciv.  So you'll have to
wait for someone to make a binary compilation for Win32.  This may not
happen for any of the beta releases (but surely will for the final
1.14.1 release).

Per: building a 1.14.1-betaN binary win32 gui-gtk-2.0 release would let
this new functionality be tested.

>     3. Where can I get the AI diplomacy? I saw it was available on the
> forum.

It is not available in 1.14.1 (or any of the betas).  It's in the CVS
snapshots.

>     4. I am currently running 1.14.0, and I can't find the CMA in the city
>         dialog.

I know very little about the win32 client.

jason