Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: wde_tang <wde_tang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:54:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, wde_tang wrote:
> I have a suggestion for any newer version of FreeCiv,
>
> there should be more difficulty levels... perhaps the current ones should
> be 4,5,6, on a scale from 0 to 10

In the upcoming 1.15.0 version of Freeciv there will be a 'Novice' AI
difficulty level, which is even easier than 'Easy'. The AI receives a
penalty to research, and won't be finding units in huts.

> Is it just me, or is using 31 (AI) civilizations on Easy impossible to
> beat?

Even 29 AI civilizations on 'Hard' and generator 2 that are teamed up
beforehand (ie start out allied) are no match for one of pubserver's top10
ranked players, I'm afraid.

I think beating that many teamed 'Hard' AIs that start on the same
continent as yourself would be fairly tough, though.

(You will need to use cvs S1_14 or cvs head or the pubserver team server
to use teams.)

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."