Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: got now "diagonal-keys"

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: got now "diagonal-keys"
From: Arnstein Lindgard <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:36:31 +0000

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:59:59 +0100 (IST)
Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is hideously unpleasant but for a while I turned on numlock and
> tried to use the number keys (not the top row, the ones superimposed
> on the keyboard over):
> 789
> uio
> jkl.
> That kind of sucks, a lot.  And it also gets confusing if you are trying

In cvs you can't use arrow keys or Home key to move units anymore. It
was my idea to scroll map with arrows, and I'm afraid I blatantly
ignored laptop users without number pad. I'm also making a patch to
scroll the map by hovering the mouse in the borders, but I still
think these keys should have navigation functions. How about a local
"laptop compatability"  option to revert these keys to unit movement?
Home, End, PgUp, PgDn are for diagonal movement.

Arnstein