Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox

To: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - Resolve Smallpox
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:25:36 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, [BIG5] ½²«íµØ[BIG5]  wrote:

> After seeing some other similar games, I was wondering if
> freeciv could have a ruleset which disallow city founding
> totally. Cities would then be pre-generated and occupied by
> barbarians (or one initial city per/player, rest barbarians).
>
> Of course, the fun of picking location would be lost this way.

I have a ruleset I am about to go back to work on, in which citybuilding
units do not automatically exist; you must have some tech. (Language
and/or Culture I think, maybe also Domestication, maybe even Fire; I can't
remember the details its been a long time since I last worked on it.)

I also need at least one new unit graphic, to differentiate "naked apes"
from "armed apes". I called the scenario "Quest for Fire". Hopefully I
will have a server up again running it in the near future.

-MarkM-

--
Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE: http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/
Free Viral Karma Generator : http://goddess.knotwork.com/karma/