Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2003:
[Freeciv] Error in save file

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Error in save file
From: Jean-Christophe Dubacq <jean-christophe.dubacq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:42:28 +0100

I have a trouble in a save file:
0: Out of memory trying to malloc 4043636740 bytes at line 225 of
../../client/attribute.c.

civclient --version
Freeciv version 1.14.0-beta3 (version beta) gui-gtk-2.0

civserver --version
Freeciv version 1.14.0-beta3 (version beta)

I keep the savefile. Of course, I looked at the line but since it's
deserializing, it comes probably from something bad on the server side.
The first time it happened, I had quit the client (for the night), but
left the server opened (in a screen session, but it shouldn't matter),
and in the morning, *whosh*, no more connections allowed.

The automatic save in the turn before is ok.
--
JCD