Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Maps and Scenarios

To: FreeCiv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Maps and Scenarios
From: Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski <niewod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:06:06 +0100

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Reinier Post wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:45:32PM +0100, Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I was just cheking maps in standard freeciv, and i found that all of the are
> > cold scenario. IMHO scenario is more than only map, in standard Civ2 you
> > have two scenario II WWW and Punic War's. There were special maps with
> > cities etc.
> > I think there are any freeciv scenario (only AI tests).
> >
> > What is your opinion?
>
> You are absolutely correct: Freeciv doesn't really support scenarios
> the way Civ2 does, it only supports loading filled maps.  These maps
> are usually saved games, but they can also be created from sratch.
> This can be done with the Civworld map editor (still experimental,
> but useful already).

I know that in FreeCiv bettwen map and scenario the only diffrent is name,
but for new user (Civ user) it can be a little confusing.

Maybe we should change the name of catalog from scenario to map?
And add scenario if we will have any ;-)

And we can add AI tests to orginal FreeCiv.

|   Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański             www.larryn.prv.pl          |
|           LarryN                         larryn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx      |
|      tel: 604591238                       ICQ#: 55298869            |
/                           AURE ENTULUVAL                            \