Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Can you change key bindings?

To: Greg Pongo <pongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Can you change key bindings?
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:54:56 +0100

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:31:10AM -0500, Greg Pongo wrote:

> I am trying to play FreeCiv on a laptop, but the laptop's keypad mode
> doesn't work properly (a different issue). It looks like I can change
> the Freeciv file to change key bindings, but when I add <Key> lines and
> restart the server and client, the changes I think I'm making don't take
> effect. I've been through the FAQ and looked at the archives with no luck.
>
> What can I do to set up different keys for movement?

In GTK and GTK2 clients you have to change the source. You can
customize the Xaw client via the data/Freeciv file. Note that you have
to copy this file to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults or whereever your
app-defaults are.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers