Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RTS version of Freeciv; need to change my email address
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:32:10 +0200

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 06:05:37PM +0000, C Ratchet wrote:

> My idea is pretty much completely rewriting freeciv, by making the server be
> GUI-based and still have all options set through it, and having Turn Based,
> RTS and Strategic RPG options. The client would be completely rewritten to
> use 3D graphics and XML-based data for maps, terrains, units, specials,
> resources, animals, thrown objects, etc. Also will add some new ideas like
> Morale and Pollution.

Rewriting Freeciv is not required to have any of these.
You only have to add or modify small parts.
For XML-based stuff for example you can write two-way format converters.
For GUI-based server configuration, the existing GUI to display server
options can be extended to include editable textboxes, sliders, etc.

--
Reinier