Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: civ3 changes

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: civ3 changes
From: "Vibhu Rishi" <vibhu.rishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:20:06 +0530

Well, i haven't played civ3 intensively, but what do you think are the
disappointing things in CIV3 ?
my crib is mainly that it is slow. I haven't played it extensively, so I
am yet to figure out the other things.
The things that i do like about it is the culture and the availability
of natural resources only when you get the required tech.

I am interested in knowing why people think of it as a big disappointment.

vibhu..

Per I Mathisen wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Vibhu  Rishi wrote:
>

>>what would the changes be involved in having civ3 functionality ? will
>>the code need to be changed for adding the 'culture' effect ?
>>

>Yes, lots of changes would be necessary. While some of the good changes in
>civ 3 are being planned implemented by various people (bombardment,
>borders, etc), nobody has yet uttered an interest in working to achieve
>full civ 3 compatibility. And frankly, I doubt it will ever happen. Civ3
>seemed to be a disappointment for most people.
>
>Yours
>Per

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
     - Albert Einstein

-- File: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.