Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Tilesets/Rulesets making

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Tilesets/Rulesets making
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:34:07 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > Is there any manual telling how to make a Ruleset or Tileset?
> >
> > Cronos
>
> Not really - we need one.
>
> There is some information on the website and in the relevant FTP
> directories.  Please let us know what you used, and missed, in
> creating your own.

There is also some information in the default rulesets. Note, however,
that the information in "buildings.ruleset" is wrong - building effects
are still mostly hardwired and cannot be changed. Hopefully this will be
fixed soon.

If you want to change building effects, you need to apply the impr-gen
patch found on http://freecivac.sourceforge.net/ first.

Yours,
Per

"While we're all in favor of Arafat doing more to suppress violence in
the Middle East, we fear that he doesn't have all that much influence on
the Israeli government. " --Sam Smith