Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: [Q] how create game with earth map and with AI automatical

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Q] how create game with earth map and with AI automatically
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:33:58 +0100

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 06:17:20PM +0200, Andrey Kotrekhov wrote:

> Hi, All!
> I want to start server on earth map and with 6 AI
> I create a rulesset file /games/civ/conf/5555.conf :
> aifill 6
> cmdlevel ctrl first

Add

  start

'aifill' only adds players when the game is started,
and it won't start without the 'start' command.

You may also have to specify a timeout.  (It used to be like that,
I haven't tested this.)  But you also have to upgrade to CVS:

> But where I type:
> /games/civ/bin/civserver -p 5555 -r /games/civ/conf/5555.conf \
> -f /games/civ/share/freeciv/scenario/earth-80x50-v2.sav

In 1.12.0, the -r commands are read before the -f .sav, which causes
some of them to be undone; for details see

  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200108/msg00289.html

and other messages in that thread.  The CVS version reverses
the reading order, which solves the problem.

--
Reinier