Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Feedback Request - New manual for playing fr

To: Jacky Mallett <warlock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Feedback Request - New manual for playing freeciv.
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:21:51 +0100

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 06:05:36PM -0500, Jacky Mallett wrote:

[on freeciv-dev - mailing list set to freeciv]

> Hi,

> manual that concentrates more on the strategy and tactics of
> playing freeciv, than just the game's mechanics.
>
> You can have a look at it at:
>
> www.media.mit.edu/~warlock/art_of_freeciv.html
>
> Paul has kindly agreed to put it up on the web site, so if anyone has any
> feedback before it goes up, i'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> ...jacky

I'm late - story of my life - but this is a wonderful tutorial.

One thing I like about it is that it explains some of the specifics of
playing online, such as etiquette, that I've never seen addressed on
these lists or anywhere else.

This topic could be expanded: how to recognise newbies by the
settings they make, why server hangups/crashes are so deadly, when to
find the most players, what the civserver.freeciv.org do and do not
publish about the games you play there, etc.

--
Reinier