Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Question not in FAQ

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Question not in FAQ
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:44:17 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Roger Hill (Siemens Business Services Inc) wrote:
>     I read through you FAQ, and I didn't see anything about this in
> it: How did Microprose react to you using their product's likeness?
> Did Sid Meyer grant his blessing or something? I am very much
> interested in this, as I would like to start a similar open source
> project.

It probably should be in the FAQ, since it is a FAQ.

Neither Microprose nor Sid Meyer have officially commented on Freeciv in
the six years Freeciv has existed, but I am fairly confident that they
know about the project (since it is listed on Apolypton, among other
places). None of their trademarks are being infringed, and none of their
source code, graphics, sounds or text has been used.

Yours,
Per

PS Shouldn't the web page be accessible also as "http://freeciv.org/";?

To rule is easy, to govern difficult.