Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Age of Freedom

To: "Mikey Lubker" <zratchet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Age of Freedom
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:23:44 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 05:23:36PM -0400, Mikey Lubker wrote:

[Please quote others by prefixing their lines with "> " or similar - thanks.]

> I am planning to start a project on Sourceforge that will be a Java RTS
> version of Freeciv called Age of Freedom. Anyone interested?

Note that several Java clients for Freeciv are mentioned in the projects
section, but they are not active.

>> Tilesets are not included with the distribution, but they are made
>> available on the Freeciv web/ftpsite.
>
> OK. How do I get it on there?

Put it into ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming and send mail
to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or the freeciv-data mailing list.

> It would be a real help here to partition the distribution into parts,
> this is a long standing request.
>
> What does this mean? Don't understand.

Many users think the Freeciv distribution is too big.
This is the reason we can't distribute all tilesets with it -
it would grow even bigger.  But if we split up the distribution
into parts that are easy to use separately or in combination,
your tileset can have the same status as the standard ones:
and optional part of the distribution.

--
Reinier