Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: James 5-07-01 sucks

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: James 5-07-01 sucks
From: Matthew Leingang <leingang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:20:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> Reinier Post wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:29:34PM +0200, Torben Schulz wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > is there no chance to stop this annoying virus from flooding this list!?
> > > i can't believe that some listmembers are still stupid enough to open
> > > the attachment. whatever, maybe somebody could install some kind of filter
> > > on the listserver...
>
> I'm in no danger of infection, but I'm really getting tired of downloading big
> virus files over my slow phone link.  I would like to second the motion for a
> filter to strip out large attachments.

I used the following procmail recipe:

:0B
*I send you this file in order to have your advice
/dev/null

The sender, the subject, and I think even the filename of the attachment
are always changing, but this sentence is pretty characteristic.  The
mail is deleted before it even gets to your inbox, so you'll never
download it.

--Matt

Matthew Leingang                http://www.math.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University              leingang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Mathematics       "This signature needs no quote."