Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?
From: "MD. Nurul Abser Siddique" <tuhin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:11:56 +0600

At 11:32 AM 8/8/2001 +0200, you wrote:
MD. Nurul Abser Siddique writes:
 > At 12:22 PM 8/6/2001 +0200, you wrote:
 > >Am Montag,  6. August 2001 07:03 schrieben Sie:

 > > > Yes, I can play but can't continue saved games. Is there any plan to
 > >
 > >Again, see http://www.freeciv.org/faq/#QA10
 > >
 > >It reads: It is not yet possible to load a saved game from
 > >a running civserver. Instead you have to start it with
 > >the -f option, for example:
 > >
 > >    civserver -f civgame1150.sav
 > >
 > >You may have to add a path the savegame name.
 >
> I noticed that in the FAQ. After giving that command in civserver, it says
 > "Ok. Standard style set.", then if I start, it gives the same error"1:
 > Then Freeciv starts a new game(not loaded game). The loaded game was in
 > same dir, where freeciv is.
If your filename contains spaces, you should enclose it in quotation
marks:
civserver -f "My saved game file"

It might be easier if you download wincivgo (available on the same
download page as the freeciv binary itself).
You can load and save games without using your dos box with it.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade

Thanks, now Freeciv can load saved games by wincivgo. It still gives error about home not found/set and the file .civclientrc is not yet created. Anyway, thanks a lot. Can you tell me when diplomacy for the AI will be implemented? I am eagerly waiting for that feature.
Bye
Tuhin.