Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: server error

To: Bruno Meilick <me@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: server error
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:01:10 +0200

Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2001 12:18 schrieben Sie:
> Starting up civserver as normal user terminal sends me back the
> following message.
>
> [QUOTE TERMINAL]
> 0: bind failed: adress used
> [/QUOTE TERMINAL]

This does happen if (one) civserver is already running (occupying
port 5555) and you try to start a second one.

> Yesterday it was working fine . I tried to start it as root ( which
> did't work as I know now ) and I set up a second user. I wanted to
> login as two different users on same PC playing FreeCiv offline.
> Didn't work , too. Terminal send me back a "incorrect login" ( all
> data was correct but it didn't do it either ) as I tied to login the
> second user.

Just start 2 civclient and enter different player names in the
connect window(s).

> Is there a possibility to play Free Civ with two players on one PC ?
> And how can I solve my civserver problem ( see Quote ) ?

Maybe you didn't see the first civserver because you haven't started
it from within a terminal window. Kill that session.

> THX for help. Luridmorn

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *