Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: SU planes ?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: SU planes ?
From: Mathias Uhlmann <Mathias.Uhlmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:02:36 +0200

Marek Onuszko wrote:

> Hi there. First, i'm not from Russia :-).
> SU planes have absolutely the best flight paremeters in the world, even
> newest Stealth planes
> can't compare with them. So why not to add them to the game ? Even if
> they will be toggleable (switched by option on server).
> That would be cool to have the best fighters on the Earth, not just
> those crappy Stealth.
>
> Dante

Hi!

The units are more like classes. In a way the stealth fighter/bomber does
not fit to that scheme. I don't think, that it
would make sense, to add more and more specific units. I would rather let
the units improve with certain technologies.
It is not clear to me, why armors are the same when mobile warfare is
invented to the end of the game. Surely
tanks have not been the same since WW-II, why in Freeciv? Development of
stealth would then simply improve
bombers and fighters.
Additional future techs could improve units and city improvements further.
Development of future techs would
then make sense.

Ciao.
Mathias.