Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: (No subject)In-Reply-To: <000701c0e816$be0c8530$d200a8c0@p

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: (No subject)In-Reply-To: <000701c0e816$be0c8530$d200a8c0@p451>
From: "Andreas D. Landmark" <andreas.landmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:12:04 +0100

At 29.05.2001 09:09, you wrote:

Good Daytime!
Sorry for question but I did not find right answer for my problem
I run FreeBSD 4.3 and have downloaded latest 1.11.4 version
made ./configure
than make
than make install
all passed with no problems
BUT when I try now to start server (and or client) it gives me error
<<permision denied>>
What that is staying for?
I logged in as root - did not help
So please, give me any clue
Thank You
Alex

1) you cannot run the client/server as root
2) what is the permissions on the civclient and civserver executables?
3) is this from the ports collection or are you compiling vanilla source?