Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2001:
[Freeciv] iso 3d

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] iso 3d
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:44:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

I just hope that iso 3d will remain an option. Not that I dislike
the look of the new tiles (in fact they look great). But its eye
candy only - and I mainly play freeciv for the game itself. The
main thing that disurbed me in Civ II was that you could not turn
off Iso 3d. Civilization is a 2d game and for that the interface
should be 2d as well; at least for experienced players. There are
a lot of situations which are very time critical and the iso 3d
view will enhance the "arg, I dit not wanted to make _that_ move"s
drasticaly.

Its like chess. 3d (iso or not) chess programs look nice. But if
you want to _play_ chess, you choose a 2d view.

Just my few coppers,
Ingo / Chaoz / ChaosE
--

Karl-Ingo Friese