Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Yucky Windows question..

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <tlward@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Yucky Windows question..
From: "Michael Grundel" <m1chael@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:38:12 +0100

Hi Tim

> I can get the game to run fine and finish and
> everything, but I want the neat end of game stats and
> everything. Are there any programs to do this for
> Windows?

There is a small utility that reads the civscore.log file and
displays nice graphs. It is Java 1.2 and also works on Windows:
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/utils/CivLog/CivLog-0.6.tar.gz

Because the civserver by default disables the scorelog option,
make sure you set civserver option <scorelog> to "1" before
you start the game. After the game open the file "civscore.log"
with CivLog.
There are still a few problems, e.g. when you load a save-file, the
scorelog is erased and created new (back-it-up before you load a game).

Hope this helps.

  Michael

--
eMail: m1chael@xxxxxxx