Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] Compiling on Non-X-Equipped Server

Subject: [Freeciv] Compiling on Non-X-Equipped Server
From: Desmond Coughlan <desmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:14:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I've installed Freeciv 1.1.4 onto my laptop, and am now trying to do the
same on my server.  The server does not have X installed on it.

I download the tarball, untar it in /tmp, cd into the directory, and run
./configure.  After a couple of seconds, I get this :

*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking whether Xfuncproto was supplied... no, found:  FUNCPROTO=15
NARROWPROTO
checking for Xfuncproto control definition FUNCPROTO... yes: 15
checking for Xfuncproto control definition NARROWPROTO... yes: 1
checking extra paths for Xpm... library no, include no
checking for XOpenDisplay in X library -lX11... yes
checking for XShapeCombineMask in X library -lXext... yes
checking for main in X library -lXt... yes
checking for main in X library -lXmu... yes
checking for XpmReadFileToPixmap in X library -lXpm... no
configure: error: could not guess which client to compile

Could someone help me to get it installed ..?

Thanks.

D.

--
Desmond Coughlan               |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx